Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE food. I mean I REALLY love food. All types of food, I love. When I’m eating lunch, I’m already planning my dinner. When it comes to food, I’m like a grandmaster chess player, figuring out three, four meals ahead. I could go on and on about how much I love food but hopefully by now you know just how much I really, really love food.
Since getting married and becoming a stay-at-home dad (SAHD), I’ve also grown an appreciation for gourmet cooking. I enjoy coming up with a new edible idea and executing it to my own exacting standards. Recently I developed a sandwich I affectionately named the M.I. Sandwich. Can you guess what the M.I. stands for? Read how I make it, have a look at the photo and then take a guess. The first person who guesses correctly will win some sort of dishonorable mention on my blog.
So here’s how to make the Steely Dad M.I. Sandwich:
- Toast a bagel to your liking (I like it lightly toasted so it’s not too hard)
- Fry an egg over sleazy
- Cook at least 3 pieces of bacon. Now this is the critical part. IT MUST BE Kirkland (Costco) Premium Center Cut Maple Bacon. This is the bacon that G-d himself prepares when he has a hankering for some swine. Don’t try to substitute on this ingredient. Trust me!
- Once the bagel is done and is still hot, add a light coating of butter to both sides of bagel so that it gets into all the nooks and crannies. Let cool a bit then add an unhealthy (heaping) portion of WHIPPED cream cheese to both sides of the bagel as well. Add the egg, add the bacon and top off with other side of bagel.
- Voilá! Your M.I. Sandwich is now ready to be devoured.
IMPORTANT STEPS BEFORE TAKING YOUR FIRST BITE:
- Please sign and date the attached Liability Waiver, which was prepared by Steely Dad’s Legal Counsel.
- Ensure you have a working defibrillator on hand.
- Mainline some Red Yeast Rice Extract or statin medication.
- Make an appointment to see your cardiologist.
Here’s what it should look like: Steely Dad M.I. Sandwich
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I’m sure you could add your own little twists to this culinary masterpiece so feel free to share. Good luck!